No Rules Rules
Putting screenshots of my notes from No Rules Rules.
- Have a look at Netflix culture deck here.
- On no vacation policy- If you're not allocated vacation, you don't fear losing it, and are less likely to take any at all.
- When Netflix hires someone- They assume you have great judgement and judgement is the solution for almost every ambigious problem. Not process. The flip side is that people are expected to work at super-high level or be quickly shown the door(with a generous severance package)
- On talent density(Talented people make one another more effective)- After the layoffs, with only the most talented 80 people, we had a smaller amount of talent overall, but the amount of talent per employee was greater. Our talent "density" had increased.
- If you have a group with few merely adequate performers, that performance is likely to spread, bringing down the performance of the entire organization